SmartFlex Diesel Flow Meter, 10-120 LPH, Dual-Chamber, Alloy Housing, Threaded Connections
SmartFlex Dual-Chamber Diesel Fuel Flow Meter
The SmartFlex™ dual-chamber flow meters are designed for fuel consumption measurement of diesel engine systems with flow rates up to 600 L/h. The flow meter measures fuel consumption in each line and computes the difference between supply and return. SmartFlex DFMs output NMEA2000® to a T1 or T2 SmartBoat or SmartFlex Module*, for display on multi-function displays or Signal K interfaces.
Differential measurement of fuel consumption
SmartFlex dual-chamber DFMs have two measuring chambers for supply and return fuel lines. The flow meter measures fuel consumption in each line and computes the difference between supply and return.
In case of the absence of an external power source, from the on-board network for example, the SmartFlex DFM keeps registering data to the internal memory. When external power is restored, all accumulated data will be transferred to the on-board monitoring terminal.
*SmartFlex DFM must be connected to a SmartBoat® or SmartFlex T1 or T2 CES module.
DFM models provide data for fuel consumption including:
- Instant fuel consumption, L/H
- Hourly fuel consumption in “Forward” line
- Hourly fuel consumption in “Return” line
- Total fuel consumption, L
- Total fuel consumption in “Idling” mode of engine operation
- Total fuel consumption in “Optimal” mode of engine operation
- Total fuel consumption in “Overload” mode of engine operation
- Total fuel consumption in “Negative” mode of flow meter operation (return exceeds supply)
- Lower overall cost due to differential sensor capabilities
- Ease of installation with optional accessory kit
- Automatic Temperature compensation
- Simple set up using the SmartFlex View software embedded in the Airmar SmartFlex or SmartBoat module
- Fuel never comes in contact with gears or other parts that might clog or corrode
- The sensor is digital – specialized wiring isn’t required – plug and play to the SmartFlex or SmartBoat Module for data delivery to the display.
- Connecting Thread: M14 x 1.5Connection Type: ThreadedFlow Capacity: 8 – 120 LPH ±1% (2.11 – 66 GPH ±1%)Fuel Type: DieselLCD Display: NoMaterial: AlloyNumber of Chambers: DualNumber of Engines: Multiple