What Makes SmartBoat Unique?
- The only solution with NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, J1939, and J1587 support in a single module
- The only solution for fully customizable MFD alerts
- The only solution with built-in configuration software and diagnostics
- The only solution available with Ethernet bridging today, supporting NMEA OneNet in the future
- Advanced logging features including the ability to "replay" saved logs
- Savings of up to 68% for a typical retrofit
- 80% reduction of N2K cabling in a typical retrofit
A simple and cost-effective way to connect and manage a variety of analog and digital sensors and devices to the NMEA 2000® network – regardless of their protocols.
Analog to Digital – Electronics Refit of a 1988 Nautique with Airmar’s SmartBoat and Diesel Flow Meters
Utilizing all existing sensors, SmartBoat replaces a factory installed ISIS system
SmartBoat Upgrade on a 90’ Burger including Airmar Diesel Flow Meters
Overview of Airmar’s SmartFlex Diesel Flow Meters
Deep Dive into Airmar’s Diesel Flow Meters
SmartBoat System Makes Sensor Connectivity Simple
SmartBoat System Upgrade- Tank Data on a Lazzara
Airmar SmartBoat System Upgrade on 90' Burger Yacht
Airmar’s SmartFlex Diesel Flow Meter - Full Line Review
Unique. Powerful. Universal. Expandable.
At the heart of the solution is the Airmar SmartBoat Module
(ASM), a universal NMEA 2000 device with browser-based SmartFlex™
software that eliminates the need to buy additional hardware,
software, or dedicated displays to program the modules or view the
data. All data is readily accessible on your MFD.
SmartFlex View uses intuitive, menu-driven guidance for the set up and control of all connected devices. Drop down menus make set-up intuitive and fast.
SmartFlex View is accessible by any device with a web browser, e.g., laptop, tablet or any wireless device with a web browser.
Airmar SmartBoat Modules (ASMs) boast an exceptionally versatile
alerting system. Users can define alerts for any PGN on the
network, tailoring them to individual preferences and creating
customized alerts based on real-time sensor status.
Examples include defining personalized oil pressure alerts at varying RPM ranges; or alerts for specific conditions, such as exceeding a designated wind speed while an awning is deployed, with the added convenience of automated awning retraction.
The SmartFlex Alert configuration offers flexibility with four types of alert variables:
- PGN Value: Extract information directly from PGN messages to create alerts.
- Calculated Value: Formulate logic equations from multiple values for sophisticated alert conditions.
- Timer: Set alerts based on whether a desired variable did or did not occur within a specified time frame.
- Event Counter: Monitor events over time, triggering alerts when a specific event happens a defined number of times.
Binary Switch Values and NMEA 2000 Integration
Extend your control beyond mere alerts. The Airmar SmartBoat Solution enables the setting of binary switch values and the generation of NMEA 2000 bus alert messages. This integration allows you to effortlessly display alerts on a wide range of Multi-Function Displays (MFDs), ensuring that you have a comprehensive overview of your vessel's status.
The SmartFlex Filter empowers users with precise control over PGN message traffic between the primary and secondary NMEA 2000 buses. Offering a straightforward programming interface, users can effortlessly determine whether a specific PGN from one bus is bridged to the other. The SmartFlex Filter utilizes an intuitive 'AllowList/BlockList' configuration approach, providing users with the flexibility to seamlessly manage the bridging or blocking of PGNs based on their preferences.