150WXRS WeatherStation® Instrument
Rain Sensor with Solar-radiation Shield
Airmar’s WeatherStation WXRS provides real-time information on rain intensity, accumulation, and event duration. An acoustic sensor measures the impact energy of individual raindrops on the “umbrella” located on the top of the instrument. This patented rain-detecting sensor is virtually maintenance free. It has no moving parts or components that need to be emptied, cleaned, or will become clogged by debris.
With minimal maintenance, the unique rain sensor plus a full suite of ultrasonic wind, temperature, barometric pressure, and relative humidity sensors, the WeatherStation 150WXRS delivers a significantly lower total cost of ownership than traditional measurement devices.
- Ultrasonic measurement of apparent wind speed and direction
- Acoustic measurement of rain accumulation, intensity, and duration
- Internal compass for wind-speed data referenced to magnetic north
- GPS for time stamping correcting for the variation between magnetic and true north
- Maintenance-free operation is superior to tipping buckets, weighing gauges, optical measurement. No obstruction and data integrity loss due to debris.
- Rugged, compact, UV stabilized housing with no moving parts
- Air Temp Accuracy: ±0.3°C at 20°CAir Temp Range: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F)Air Temp Resolution: 0.1°CApparent Wind Speed Angle: YesBarometric Pressure Accuracy: ±0.5 hPa at 25°C (or better)Barometric Pressure Range: 300 to 1100 hPaBarometric Pressure Resolution: 0.1 hPaCerts And Standards: IPX6 (IPX4 with optional Relative Humidity sensor), RoHS, IEC61000-4-2, IEC60945, IEC60950_1C, IEC60950_22A, EN55022, EN55024, EN14982Communications Available Hardware Interface: Serial RS-232, Serial RS-422Communications Available Protocol: Comma delimited ASCII, NMEA 0183Communications Serial Output Rate: User specified, 0.1 seconds – fastest intervalGPS Position Accuracy: 3 m (10') CEPHumidity: OptionalMobile: NoMounting Thread: Standard 1”-14 UNS (3/4” NPT optional)Note: Cables sold separatelyOperating Temp Range: -25 to 55°C (-13 to 131°F)Optional RH Accuracy: ±3% RH at 0 to 90% RH at 20°COptional RH Range: 0 to 100% RHOptional RH Resolution: 0.1% RHPitch Roll Accuracy: ±1° in range of ±30°Pitch Roll Measurement Type: MEMSPitch Roll Range: 50°Pitch Roll Resolution: 0.1°Power Supply Current: <105 mA (<1.25 W) at 12 VDCPower Supply Voltage: 9 to 40 VDCRainfall Amount: Cumulative accumulation after the latest automatic or manual resetRainfall Amount Accuracy: 5% TypicalRainfall Amount Output Resolution: 0.01 mmRainfall Duration: Counting each second whenever water droplet is detectedRainfall Duration Output Resolution: 1 secondRainfall Intensity: One minute running average in 10 second intervalsRainfall Intensity Output Resolution: 0.1 mm/hRainfall Intensity Range: 0 to 200 mm/hRecommend Use: Land-Based StationaryStationary: YesTheoretical Wind Speed and Direction: NoTrue Wind Speed and Direction: YesTwo Axis Compass Accuracy: 1° RMS when levelTwo Axis Compass Range: 0 to 359.9°Two Axis Compass Resolution: 0.1°Waterproof Rating: IPX6 (Relative Humidity/IPX4)Weight: 350 g (0.8 lb.)Wind Direction Accuracy: ±3° at 10 m/sWind Direction Calculations: User configurable dampingWind Direction Range: 0° to 359.9°Wind Direction Resolution: 0.1°Wind Speed Accuracy: 5% at 10 m/s at 4 anglesWind Speed Calculations: User configurable dampingWind Speed Range: 0 to 40 m/s (0 to 89 MPH)Wind Speed Resolution: 0.1 m/s
Serial Data Output Protocol
NMEA 0183 Sentence Structure – Comma Delimited ASCII Format $GPDTM GPS Datum Reference $GPGGA GPS Fix Data $GPGLL Geographic Position—Latitude and Longitude $GPGSA GNSS DOP and Active Satellite $GPGSV Satellites in View $GPRMC Recommended Minimum GNSS $GPVTG COG and SOG $GPZDA Time and Date $HCHDG Heading, Deviation, and Variation $HCHDT True Heading $HCTHS True Heading and Status $TIROT Rate of Turn $WIMDA Meteorological Composite $WIMWD Wind Direction and Speed $WIMWV Wind Speed and Angle $WIMWR Relative Wind Direction and Speed $WIMWT Theoretical Wind Direction and Speed $YXXDR Transducer Measurements $WIXDR Rain Measurements