DT800 Smart™ Sensor Thru-hull
The DT800 utilizes Airmar’s proven Tilted Element and broadband technologies in this depth and temperature Smart™ Sensor. The DT800 is a low-profile, retractable, thru-hull sensor that accurately computes depth and temperature data and sends it to any NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000® network. Airmar's Smart™ Sensors have embedded microelectronics—the transducer element and signal processor are only millimeters apart. The signal from the depth transducer is processed right inside the sensor itself. All that is needed to receive depth and temperature data is a single cable into a compatible network or display.
The ceramic is tilted inside the housing, compensating for hull deadrise and orienting the transducer beam straight down. This results in strong echo returns and accurate depth readings. The DT800 is sold with a choice of rugged housings—plastic, bronze, or stainless steel—to accommodate any vessel type or hull material. These low-profile housings do not affect hull performance and will give accurate readings at high speeds. The housing features a water valve which minimizes water entering the boat when the retractable insert is being removed and replaced with the blanking plug.
The DT800 is available in three Tilted Element models:
- Fixed 20° tilted version for 16° to 24° hull deadrise angles
- Fixed 12° tilted version for 8° to 15° hull deadrise angles
- Fixed 0° tilted version for 0° to 7° hull deadrise angles
- Depth and fast-response water-temperature sensing
- Depth performance from 0.5 to 183 m (1.6 to 600')
- 235 kHz frequency prevents mutual interference with other echosounders on the vessel
- Available in NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 standard
- Cable lengths up to 100 m (330') are possible with no loss of performance—NMEA 0183 only
- Retractable insert for cleaning and safe storage
- Available in low-profile, plastic (P617V), bronze (B617V), or stainless steel (SS617V) housing with water valve
- Common Use: Cruising/Racing Sailboats, Leisure/Yachting, FishingConventional Beam: 12°Data Rate: 1X per secondFunctions: Depth, TemperatureHole Size: 51 mm (2"), Stainless steel housing in metal hull—57 mm (2-1/4")Housing: Bronze, Plastic or Stainless SteelHull Material: Compatible w/ all hull materialsMax Deadrise: Up to 24°Max Deadrise Angle: 24°Max Depth: NMEA 0183: 0.5 to 100 m (1.6 to 330'), NMEA 2000: 0.5 to 180 m (1.6 to 590')Mounting Style: Tilted Element Thru-HullPower Rating: 60 W / NMEA 0183 & 100 W / NMEA 2000Protocol Output: NMEA 0183/NMEA 2000®Retractable housing: YesSingle or Dual Frequency: Conventional Single FrequencySpeed Range: Up to 45 knotsTemperature Accuracy: ±0.5°C (±1.8°F)Tilted Element: YesUsable Shaft Length: 57 mm (2.25")Voltage: 10 to 25 VDC - NMEA 0183, 9 to 16 VDC - NMEA 2000Water Temperature: -10° to 40°C (14° to 104°F)Weight: Plastic: 0.9 kg (2 lb.), Bronze: 1.5 kg (3.4 lb.), Stainless Steel: 1.6 kg (3.6 lb.)