DST800 Smart™ Sensor Plastic Thru-hull NMEA 2000®
Depth, Speed, and Temperature
The DST800 is a Smart™ TRIDUCER® Multisensor that offers depth, speed, and temperature functions in one compact thru-hull housing. The low-profile, retractable sensor computes accurate depth, speed, and temperature data and sends it to any NMEA 2000® network. The wide, port-starboard, fan-shaped beam is able to find the bottom even when installed on a high-deadrise hull or a heeling sailboat.
Airmar's Smart Sensors have embedded microelectronics—the transducer element and signal processor are only millimeters apart. The signals from the sensors are processed right inside the housing itself. All that is needed to receive depth, speed, and temperature data is a single cable into a compatible network or display.
- Depth, speed, and temperature sensing in one compact housing
- 235 kHz frequency prevents mutual interference with other echo sounders on the vessel
- Depth performance from 0.5 to 185 m (1.6 to 600')
- Wide, port-starboard, fan-shaped beam is able to find bottom even when installed on high-deadrise hull or heeling sailboat
- Fast-response water-temperature sensor provides ±0.2°C (±0.1°F) accuracy
- Available as a Smart Sensor operating at 235 kHz
- NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 protocol
- Choose low-profile plastic (P617V), bronze (B617V), or stainless steel (SS617V) housing with water valve
- Available in a paddlewheel-free model (UDST800), utilizing ultrasonic speed calculation
- Extra-long-housing (DST800L) available for thick-hulled wooden boats or steep-deadrise hulls
- NMEA 2000 certified cable
- Acoustic Window: UrethaneCable-Length: NMEA 2000®: 6 m (20')Common Use: Cruising/Racing Sailboats, Leisure/Yachting, FishingConventional Beam: 10°x44°Data Rate: 1X per secondFunctions: Depth, Speed, TemperatureHole Size: 51 mm (2")Housing: PlasticHull Material: Fiberglass or metalMax Deadrise: Up to 22°Max Deadrise Angle: 22°Max Depth: 500 mm (1.6') Up to 70 m (230')—NMEA 0183, Up to 100 m (330')—NMEA 2000Mounting Style: Tilted Element Thru-HullPower Rating: 100 WProtocol Output: NMEA 2000®Pulses: 20,000 p/nm* (5.6 Hz per knot)—*p/nm = pulses per nautical mileRetractable housing: YesSingle or Dual Frequency: Conventional Single FrequencySpeed Range: Up to 45 knotsTemperature Accuracy: ±0.5°C (±1.8°F)Tilted Element: NoUsable Shaft Length: 57 mm (2.25")Voltage: 9 to 16 VDCWater Temperature: -10° to 40°C (14° to 104°F)Weight: 0.9 kg (2 lb.)