220WXH WeatherStation® Instrument
Heater for Commercial Fishing in Ice-prone Areas
The patented 220WXH is Airmar’s choice for commercial-fishing, weather-monitoring applications in ice-prone areas. Designed with a highly effective, thermostatically controlled, heating system, it operates effectively in cold climates. Feature rich in a durable, rugged, small-footprint housing that is IPX6 rated, the 220WXH calculates the theoretical wind speed and direction based upon the apparent wind, speed of the vessel, and vessel heading.
The 220WXH has an internal 10 Hz GPS and three-axis electronic compass. These sensors gives heading, position, speed-over-ground, and course-over-ground functionality that is required for theoretical wind-data processing and mobile applications. A 3D compass with dynamic stabilization provided by the three-axis rate gyro enhances the rate-of-turn data.
- Ultrasonic measurement of apparent and theoretical wind speed and direction
- Thermostatically controlled heater element
- Barometric pressure
- Air and wind chill temperature
- GPS position, speed over ground, course over ground
- Three-axis, solid-state compass with dynamic stabilization
- Three-axis rate gyro supplies rate-of–turn data
- Three-axis accelerometer for best-in-class pitch and roll information
- Housing rated IPX6 for water-ingress protection
- Data output via a single cable (various lengths available)
- NMEA 0183 serial protocol over RS-422 standard interface or RS-232 interface
- The 220WXH cannot be used with an NMEA 2000® CAN bus network.
- Air Temp Accuracy: ±1.1°C at 20°CAir Temp Range: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F)Air Temp Resolution: 0.1°CApparent Wind Speed Angle: YesBarometric Pressure Accuracy: ±0.5 hPa at 25°C (or better)Barometric Pressure Range: 300 to 1100 hPaBarometric Pressure Resolution: 0.1 hPaCerts And Standards: CE, IPX6, RoHS, IEC61000-4-2, IEC60945, IEC60950_1C, IEC60950_22A, EN55022, EN55024, EN14982Communications Available Hardware Interface: Serial RS-232, Serial RS-422Communications Available Protocol: Comma delimited ASCII, NMEA 0183Communications Serial Output Rate: 1 Hz typical. User selectable. 10 Hz maximum recommendedGPS Position Accuracy: 3 m (10') CEPHeater Supply Current: <2.5 A (<60 W) at 24 VDCMobile: YesMounting Thread: Standard 1”-14 UNS (3/4” NPT optional)Note: Cables sold separatelyOperating Temp Range: -25 to 55°C (-13 to 131°F)Operating Temp Range Cycles: Heater cycles on when sensor reaches 1°COperating Temp Range Heater: -40 to 55°C (-40 to 131°F)Pitch Roll Accuracy: ±1° in range of ±30°Pitch Roll Measurement Type: MEMSPitch Roll Range: 50°Pitch Roll Resolution: 0.1°Power Supply Current: <38 mA (<0.9 W) at 24 VDCPower Supply Voltage: 12 to 24 VDCRecommend Use: Marine, MobileTheoretical Wind Speed and Direction: YesThree Axis Compass Dynamic Heading Accuracy: 2° dynamic heading accuracyThree Axis Compass Range: 0 to 359.9°Three Axis Compass Resolution: 0.1°Three Axis Compass Static Heading Accuracy: 1° static heading accuracyWaterproof Rating: IPX6Weight: 350 g (0.8 lb.)Wind Direction Accuracy: ±3° at 10 m/sWind Direction Calculations: User configurable dampingWind Direction Range: 0° to 359.9°Wind Direction Resolution: 0.1°Wind Speed Accuracy: 5% at 10 m/s at 4 anglesWind Speed Calculations: User configurable dampingWind Speed Range: 0 to 40 m/s (0 to 89 MPH)Wind Speed Resolution: 0.1 m/sHumidity: Not Available
Serial Data Output Protocol
NMEA 0183 Sentence Structure – Comma Delimited ASCII Format $GPDTM GPS Datum Reference $GPGGA GPS Fix Data $GPGLL Geographic Position—Latitude and Longitude $GPGSA GNSS DOP and Active Satellite $GPGSV Satellites in View $GPRMC Recommended Minimum GNSS $GPVTG COG and SOG $GPZDA Time and Date $HCHDG Heading, Deviation, and Variation $HCHDT True Heading $HCTHS True Heading and Status $TIROT Rate of Turn $WIMDA Meteorological Composite $WIMWD Wind Direction and Speed $WIMWV Wind Speed and Angle $WIMWR Relative Wind Direction and Speed $WIMWT Theoretical Wind Direction and Speed $YXXDR Transducer Measurements