150WXRS WeatherStation® Instrument
Rain Sensor with Solar-radiation Shield
Airmar’s WeatherStation WXRS provides real-time information on rain intensity, accumulation, and event duration. An acoustic sensor measures the impact energy of individual raindrops on the “umbrella” located on the top of the instrument. This patented rain-detecting sensor is virtually maintenance free. It has no moving parts or components that need to be emptied, cleaned, or will become clogged by debris.
With minimal maintenance, the unique rain sensor plus a full suite of ultrasonic wind, temperature, barometric pressure, and relative humidity sensors, the WeatherStation 150WXRS delivers a significantly lower total cost of ownership than traditional measurement devices.
- Ultrasonic measurement of apparent wind speed and direction
- Acoustic measurement of rain accumulation, intensity, and duration
- Internal compass for wind-speed data referenced to magnetic north
- GPS for time stamping correcting for the variation between magnetic and true north
- Maintenance-free operation is superior to tipping buckets, weighing gauges, optical measurement. No obstruction and data integrity loss due to debris.
- Rugged, compact, UV stabilized housing with no moving parts
Serial Data Output Protocol
NMEA 0183 Sentence Structure – Comma Delimited ASCII Format $GPDTM GPS Datum Reference $GPGGA GPS Fix Data $GPGLL Geographic Position—Latitude and Longitude $GPGSA GNSS DOP and Active Satellite $GPGSV Satellites in View $GPRMC Recommended Minimum GNSS $GPVTG COG and SOG $GPZDA Time and Date $HCHDG Heading, Deviation, and Variation $HCHDT True Heading $HCTHS True Heading and Status $TIROT Rate of Turn $WIMDA Meteorological Composite $WIMWD Wind Direction and Speed $WIMWV Wind Speed and Angle $WIMWR Relative Wind Direction and Speed $WIMWT Theoretical Wind Direction and Speed $YXXDR Transducer Measurements $WIXDR Rain Measurements