AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Process Improvement Coordinator (1st Shift)
Under the guidance of the Production Manager leads and drives the development, improvement and sustainment of Production’s continuous improvement and training initiatives to meet organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains safety as the priority in Production. Helps identify and implement solutions for correcting safety issues.
- Increases and promotes a customer-centric team culture of continuous improvement with new and existing tools.
- Plans, performs, and implements Production improvement initiatives related to product quality, production processes, training systems, and new product introduction.
- Coordinates with the Production Trainer, identifies, develops, and ensures adherence to required training courses, materials, and subject matter across Production.
- Works closely with Production teams to identify and document opportunities for improvement, communicates them to management, and makes recommendations on how to address the challenges.
- Lead resource for continuous improvement for Production teams, assisting and coaching them on process improvement implementations and training initiatives.
- Works with Production Engineering to facilitate new product introduction into the factory.
- Assists Production teams to perform cost and benefit analyses related to improvements.
- Responsible for the collection and presentation of Production metrics.
- Analyzes and provides input on Production metrics, helping develop solutions for improvements.
- Solicits process improvement suggestions from internal customers and sustains/implements a system to consistently follow-up and follow through on implementations.
- Leads and participates as a member of cross functional teams to assist in developing, communicating, implementing, and auditing 5S and Lean practices throughout Production.
- Schedules and delivers Lean, 5S and other trainings, as needed.
- Surveys best practices for techniques and processes to implement across Production.
- Researches, proposes, and purchases non-standard items required for teams to effectively manufacture products.
- Assists and supports the Production Manager in other related activities as needed.
- 3 or more years process improvement leadership experience in a production environment.
- Associate’s degree in a business or manufacturing discipline a plus.*
- Lean or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Strong background in process improvement methodologies required.
- Experience identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations, through technology and process.
- Active listener with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical and facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision independently and in a team setting.
- Computer literate. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com