AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under general supervision, sets up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines.
- Observes all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Studies specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, parts, etc., to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece(s) to be machined.
- Measures and marks dimensions to lay out stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates various equipment, such as lathe, CNC, grinder, etc. to machine parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions/alignment with measuring instruments.
- Performs tasks such as debugging, troubleshooting for various departments.
- Submits personal measuring tools to QA for certification within designated time frame.
- Performs other duties as may be required or directed.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- Vocational school coursework completed and/or 2-4 years relevant machinist experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward; use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, grab, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting/standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.