GEMECO MARINE ELECTRONICS SPECIALISTS
is recruiting for a
Technical Sales Specialist
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team who will be responsible for inside technical sales and technical customer service, selling marine accessories in a business-to-business environment. The ideal candidate will service customers by gathering information about their needs, assisting with technical and troubleshooting information, soliciting orders, and suggesting additional products in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment. You will work closely with other sales team members to develop and strengthen relationships with our distributors and dealers, assuring customer loyalty and trust. Excellent communication, planning, organizational, and problem solving skills are a must as well as the desire to work with others in a closeknit environment.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and aqueous cleaning solution.
Under the guidance of the Sales Manager
- Support customers in all sales-oriented activities, with a strong emphasis on technical service
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of our products and industry trends
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Process customer orders, quotes, and other requests promptly
- Work with speed, accuracy, and a positive attitude in a fast paced environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years previous technical sales and support experience in wholesale distribution is desired
- Marine industry experience is preferred but not required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong data entry skills
- Strong organizational skills is a must
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to resolve technical issues with poise and confidence
- Must be proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to identifying technical issues, evaluate options and implement solutions
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as safety glasses.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.