AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under general supervision, performs pouring operations with urethane and epoxy materials to protect electrical and mechanical parts from external elements.
- While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of machinery, electrical tooling and to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, epoxies, aqueous cleaning solutions and other chemicals pertinent to the position.
- Obtains work instructions, BOMs and prints from computer system.
- Performs very specific and critical processes for each product using specified encapsulation techniques.
- Determines what type of pour is required for the scheduled product per BOM.
- Preps molds, product and fixtures for each pour.
- Assembles molds and hangs components for pour.
- Monitors pour batches with test cups as required after machine maintenance.
- Conducts pouring operations according to BOM, written process sheet and product print.
- Monitors procedures for pouring each product as well as draw down and filling procedures.
- Hand mixes pouring material as required for specific product lines.
- Tapes sides of bronzes and other housings that have no pour lip.
- Pours urethane and/or epoxy into transducer cavities.
- Checks containers for material levels daily and fills containers as needed.
- Monitors vacuum pressure on containers after filling.
- Checks equipment daily to ensure maximum safety and performance.
- Recycles solvent in still.
- Cleans and maintains pouring equipment as required per maintenance log and schedule; maintains guns, replaces mixing tubes, etc.
- Uses barcode scanning system.
- Posts inventory transfers, scrap etc. in Avante.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- High school education or equivalent background.
- Three months but less than one year of related work experience.
- Experience using machinery, sandblaster, and hand tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows and spreadsheet computer programs.
- Good manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to move objects horizontally from position to position, to pinch, pick, or otherwise work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete for extended periods of time.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as respirator, mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure extended periods of heavy workload.