AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Connector Assembler II
Under limited supervision prepares all types of cable assemblies and junction boxes for use in ultrasonic sensing devices.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies, and aqueous cleaning solution.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision
- Performs a wide variety of assembly operations: wires any type of connectors wire type combinations to connectors of any type includes Y cables, and other cables with multiple connectors
- Follows IPC-A-610 Class 2 soldering criteria, including identification of quality defects
- Reads and understands schedules and cable prints, Bill of Materials, specification sheets, and work instructions
- Ensures cable and junction box assemblies are properly wired by testing completed assemblies for electrical shorts and/or disconnected wires
- Tests and packages accessories as required
- Knowledge of cable rolling machine operations
- Operates carpenter cable stripper to remove cable jacket to appropriate length
- Measures materials using rulers and other measuring devices
- Strips insulation off wires to exact length with an automatic wire stripper
- Dips wires and connectors into flux for tinning and filled heated solder pot
- Slips plug into wheel vise and with needle nose pliers and soldering iron, attaches wire to the proper pin on the plug
- Uses heat gun and shrinks tube over cable where needed
- Operates crimping functions by machine or manually as required
- Able to correctly identify cable/components per Bill of Materials
- Performs repairs or rework
- Utilizes Airmar’s ERP system for shop order process reporting and timekeeping
- Recognizes different types of cables; i.e., able to differentiate cable lengths and color code ties and recognize discrepancies if they exist
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or equivalent background.
- 6 months to one year as Connector Assembler I or equivalent assembly experience
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to solder to IPC-A-610 Class 2, including identification of quality defects
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at the knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses, and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity is sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.