AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Team Leader, HPG
Under minimal supervision assists supervisor with daily work responsibilities, training and overall functions of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment.
- Assists department supervisor and oversees department functions as required.
- Assists in training new operators, and cross-training existing personnel as required. Assists in station setup. Provides guidelines, instructions, and feedback regarding department operations.
- Performs department operations and is knowledgeable on all department job functions.
- Supports and contributes to product, process and production improvements.
- Assists in the preparation of daily schedules.
- Participates with New Product Introduction into the department (FAAR’s).
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventory and in ensuring that parts are readily available for scheduled assembly.
- Assists in completing department paperwork and documentation as required.
- Completes First Piece Inspection as needed.
- Serves as backup for material handler and shipper when they are out.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Able to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes if required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer work, mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
One or more year’s previous testing and assembly experience.
High School/G.E.D or equivalent experience.
Include but are not limited to reading and comprehension, basic math skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills. Knowledge of Bill of Materials and Work Instructions required.
Familiarity with computerized inventory systems.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.