AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Under general supervision, the Production Technician will support the department by analyzing data (quality, productivity and test data), troubleshooting production builds, and reviewing failed test units to Identify root cause. Works with engineering departments to introduce new products, improve processes, and assists with daily production needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Liaisons with the R&D Lab as it relates to introducing new products to production.
- Liaisons with Test Engineering to trouble shoot and define criteria for existing and new tests.
- Ensures assembly methods for new products are suitable for manufacturing.
- Proves out new product designs to ensure long-term manufacturability by performing Initial production builds, reviewing documentation and establishing long-term sustainability of production processes.
- Assists Documentation team with developing work documentation to best suit the needs of product design and manufacturability.
- Ensures documentation for new products is ready for subsequent production builds.
- With input from assemblers performs continuous improvement activities on previously released product that lead to improved quality and delivery.
- Performs diagnostic and repair operations for faulty product.
- Works closely with the department supervisor to perform tasks related to data collection including entry and analysis.
- Performs in-process inspection of product.
- Effectively communicates with Supervisors, peers and co-workers via email, phone and face-to-face discussions in order to meet department goals and deadlines.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
5-7 years of experience. Training at a vocational school, related on-the-job experience or an Associate's Degree.
- Problem solving: the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Communication skills: the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal communication.
- Visualization: the ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Reasoning skills: the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers.
- Gathering information: has the ability to reach out to various functional areas in order to gather information and concisely communicate results.
- Soldering skills, electrical assembly and testing.
- Ability to read and understand BOMS, work instructions and prints.
- Microsoft office suite
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
- Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- The ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.