MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MSI Transducers Corporation manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. MSI is a small business and candidates are expected to contribute significantly in multiple disciplines. The Quality Engineer will report to the Vice President and be responsible for MSI’s Quality Management System (QMS) and Configuration Management System.
- Maintain MSI’s calibration system. Monitor Scrap, Rework, and Customer Satisfaction information. Apply statistical techniques and trends to products, processes and controlled work environments to identify potential corrective or preventive actions.
- Prepare ISO 9001:2015 documentation, train MSI’s staff and perform audits with external auditor.
- Perform internal quality audits and train internal auditors.
- Present quality updates to Management.
- Responsible for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective and preventive action including response to customer complaints.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives, including 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Responsible for incoming/outgoing, in-process inspection and associated documentation.
- Provide quality engineering support for quality, manufacturing, design & development, documentation and other product related disciplines.
- Recommend and implement process and product changes and improvements.
- Assist in the design/development activities for new or modified products and processes.
- Responsible for MSI’s Configuration Management System.
- Manage product baselines and revision control.
- Prepare, review and coordinate engineering change records (ECR’s) and revised drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and/or quality tools and techniques, including: FMEA, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and variation reduction.
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Kaizen and/or Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Experience with GD&T.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills needed to prepare internal and external documentation.
- Experienced with MIL/DoD standards.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings. Familiarity with electrical and mechanical specifications/standards.
- Strong commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
- Strong business ethics.
- Possess a self-motivated and resourceful attitude, taking ownership of one's work.
- Ability to execute and attain goals and to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
EDUCATION & Experience:
BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Industrial Engineering or a related field. 5 to 7 years of experience in Quality Control.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.