MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Business Development Manager
MSI manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. The Business Development Manager will be a detail oriented, focused and enthusiastic individual, with a strong sales drive. Because this role involves both sales and applications engineering, it is crucial that the individual be a team player. The ideal candidate will have experience with acoustics and sonar.
- Identify prospective accounts in targeted markets and generate and pursue leads from initial contact to order placement.
- Work with customers to define product specifications and determine the best technical solution.
- Present company capabilities to customers at both MSI and customer facilities.
- Plan and attend tradeshows domestically and internationally.
- Prepare quotations and write proposals for commercial and DoD customers.
- Research new and existing markets to identify product opportunities.
- Formulate marketing strategies to attract new customers.
- Utilize a strong understanding of MSI’s products and MSI’s competition to develop product strategies that will drive growth.
- Lead MSI’s expansion into new commercial markets.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related technical field is preferred. Must have 3-7 years of experience in sales in a related market.
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical, to staff members and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with engineers and manufacturing personnel, build consensus and foster teamwork.
- Strong technical background essential to understand MSI’s technology and customer needs.
- Ability to identify and propose creative solutions that differentiate MSI and satisfy customer requirements.
- Experience with underwater transducers highly desirable.
- Experience negotiating and working with DoD customers desirable.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as mask, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with computer use, electromechanical assembly and inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Observe all safety regulations while in the performance of job responsibilities.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.