AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
MACHINE OPERATOR (2nd Shift 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM)
JOB SUMMARY & MACHINE FUNCTIONS:
Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment, applicable to the use of heavy equipment and machinery, and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies, urethane foam, and aqueous cleaning solution. Under general supervision, independently sets up and operates, per stated job functions, and is proficient in each the following pieces of equipment if part of assigned duties for production requirements:
- Battenfeld I & II and over-molding machines
- Autojector over-molding machine
- Schleuniger Powerstrip 9500 cable rolling machine
- Schleuniger Ecostrip 9300 wire cutting machine
- Hanscom-Tyer 250 cable tie machine
- Schafer Megomat wire cutting machine
- Decker foam machine
- Manual lathes
- CNC lathes
- Belt Sanders
- Sand Blaster
- Timesaver sander
- Craymills Liftkleen degreaser and rinse tanks
- Schleuniger US2500 wire stripping machine
- Carpenter wire stripping machine
- Schleuniger Strip Crimp 200
- Molex ETC crimp machine
- Kenco 3K-7-150 Crimp machine
- Schleuniger Pull Tester 25 crimp machine
- Locking Ring machine
- Pawomat crimping machine
- Torque tool for Heyco cable assemblies
- Sonitek Thermal Press heat insertion tool
- Air-Mite insertion machine
- Maintains production levels at or above company/department goals with minimum indirect time.
- Reads and understands bills of material, work instructions, cable prints, and other documentation in the performance of all tasks.
- Determines BOM requirements for scheduled jobs verifying parts are correct.
- Completes required paperwork, maintaining accurate inventory counts, test records, and other documentation.
- Dispositions rejected product to appropriate areas.
- Maintains clean and orderly machines and general work areas.
- Interacts positively as a team member with co-workers Supervisors and Managers
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience.
- Ability to use standard measuring devices, i.e. micrometers, verniers, calipers, comparators, CMM, thickness and depth gauges.
- Previous injection molding and injection mold setup experience required.
- Ability to read two-dimensional blueprints.
- Good math ability required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Three or more years work experience operating production machinery.
- High School level math skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow bills of material (BOM).
- Able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical and programmable problems.
- Ability to read and comprehend prints.
- Able to apply print dimensions to machine set up and apply product measurements to print dimensions.
- Able to adjust machine settings to the correct part tolerances to thousandths of an inch.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand while performing duties.
- Good visual acuity, manual dexterity, and attention to detail.
- High school or equivalent education
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities, and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at waist; bend legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees; bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed standing.
- Ability to wear protective personal equipment such as masks, gloves, safety glasses, and/or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity is sufficient for work that deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.
AIRMAR Technology Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of sensing technology for marine and industrial applications. Established in Amherst, New Hampshire in 1982, the Company's product line has grown to include advanced ultrasonic transducers, flow sensors, WeatherStation® instruments, and electronic compasses used for a wide variety of applications including fishing, navigation, meteorology, survey, level measurement, process control, and proximity sensing. Airmar’s headquarters are located in Milford, New Hampshire, with distribution offices in Lake City, South Carolina; and Saint Malo, France. Airmar continues to expand our product lines and Technology Corp.