MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Engineering Program Manager
MSI Transducers, Corp. manufactures low volume, highly complex electro-mechanical sonar assemblies for defense and commercial applications. The Engineering Program Manager will have full responsibility for the management of MSI’s prototyping and production programs.
He/she acts with full authority to assure the successful efforts of all personnel and functions assigned to the program from program inception to program completion.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the customer, with responsibility for assuring customer satisfaction in terms of product performance, delivery, cost, and related areas.
- Act as principal point of contact with senior management to assure management understanding of program status.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with Engineering to drive designs and resolve technical issues.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution across the organization.
- Responsible for defining and directing the performance of program functional task elements such as procurement, manufacturing, quality, configuration, logistics, administrative functions, contracts administration, facilities, etc.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all contract deliverable items.
- Assure effective communication and teamwork among all functional department groups and program functional team members contributing to the Program.
- Conduct periodic program status review meetings with major program contributors to report status relative to all aspects of program objectives and assure resolution of program performance issues.
- Coordinate with business development as appropriate and assist in the preparation and implementation of business development and marketing plans.
- Responsible for initial program planning including proposal coordination, proposal preparation, development of statements of work specifications and estimation of product or service costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science. 3 to 5 years related engineering and management experience to be proficient in the above areas or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven capability of managing cross functional teams with conflicting/competing priorities (manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, etc.). Demonstrated experience working in these functions or successfully leading a cross functional team.
- Proven capability of managing costs and schedules on ongoing programs.
- Experience with DOD prototyping and production programs.
- Proven capability of transitioning products from development into production.
- Proven capability of creating and maintaining constructive customer relationships.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques with a desire towards process improvement.
- Familiarity with industry standards.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
The candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.