AIRMAR TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION,
A world leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for an
Engineering Lab Order Technician
Under general supervision builds samples, installs boat test equipment and provides support as needed to engineering.
- Observes all safety regulations including boat operation/maritime safety practices, personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and other chemicals as needed.
- Based on verbal and/or written instructions, builds new types of transducers as required.
- Builds and tests sample transducers for submission to customers for approval.
- Documents all facets of the Engineering Lab Orders for future manufacturing documentation.
- Assist engineering personnel with preparing test boats for transducer field tests.
- Installs and maintains test boat equipment.
- Operates test boats on the water for engineering personnel.
- Performs tests on transducers in the engineering lab and in the final test area.
- Verifies products are built to Bills of Materials.
- Creates new electronic subassemblies to fit new products.
- Performs tests and evaluates returned transducers through RMA process.
- Creates and maintains minimum hydrophone voltage tables for use in final test.
- Uses machining tools to fabricate parts for use in new and existing transducer designs.
- Tabulates and presents reports as needed for ELO requests using Excel, Word, et.
- Assists other lab personnel on projects.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Electro-mechanical Associates degree desired. Boating experience desirable. Soldering skills required. Ability to set up and use various test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, volt-ohm meter, etc. Ability to build product prototypes without Bills of Material and Work Instructions. Must have or be willing to attend various Boat Safety programs and courses
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as life preservers, gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes, if required
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy work load.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@airmar.com.